TREASURER’S REPORT FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31 JULY 2017
As last year, the Accounts for the last academic year have been presented for approval. They will be duly examined by an Independent Examiner, Mr Gavin Gray, and once they are approved, the Annual Return will be sent to the Charity Commission.
This has been another good year for the Friends of Holbrook who have raised £10,774 for the school.
The main fundraising events which took place included:
- The Christmas Fayre and Summer Fete together raised over £8,435.
- The School discos raised £660; the quiz night £376
- We received over £98 in commission from various schemes, such as Easyfundraising, Easy2Name and the Yellow Moon catalogues. We continued to collect foreign currency and received £62 from this.
- The Nearly New uniform sales raised £450.
- We received £640 from the Bags2School collections this year
- Two additional successes were the dress down days and the ice lolly sales which raised £731 and £384 respectively
All money raised has been added to funds brought forward from the previous year, and has enabled Friends of Holbrook to make donations to the school totaling approx. £5,500:
- £2,000 was given for books for the library and within the classrooms;
- £2,370 was spent in total by the year groups. Each year group was allocated £300 and reception received an additional £270 for a workshop;
- £261 was spent on First News, this includes having First News on line so that it can be used by teachers in the classroom;
- £72 was spent for hosting the school website, this is paid up until January 2018;
- Over £700 was spent for the children’s Christmas parties, Easter egg hunt and Year 6 leaving barbecue and presents
The remaining money (£9,319) in the fund will be carried forward to the 2017/18 school year.
Fiona Carpenter September 2017